I have moles all over my body and on my back they come in sets of 2. Back in December some of my moles started to hurt. I have 2 on my lower back one on my spine and another less than an inch away from it. Both started to hurt when ever I moved and occasionally I would feel a shooting pain up my spine. I started freaking out thinking it was cancer. I didn't want to tell anyone, thinking if I say it out loud it would make it real.
I can't remember what day it was but, I really didn't want to get out of bed and Jared was trying to get me to get up. He asked me, "What was wrong? I just started crying and I finally told him. Jared seriously was Amazing, he called the doctor and set up an appointment to have it checked. He called my dad so they could give me a priesthood blessing. The entire time he was soo supportive and reassured me that it was nothing and that I would be fine.
The next day I had an appointment and the doctor checked out all my moles and he was really only concerned about the mole next to the mole on my spine. He said he wanted to,"remove both moles and have them sent to a lab to be tested". Because if it was cancerous it was the worst kind. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanoma
One week later I had my moles removed, Jared went with me and watched the entire procedure. The nurse at one point couldn't handle watching. I was extremely uncomfortable laying on my stomach for over an hour trying not to move. The doctor put in 3 layers of stitches to make sure everything stayed together because of where it was on my back. He told me not to bend or stretch my back to much. Uuumm... yeah right! That is impossible for a mom!
I was a little worried about the procedure but more nervous about the pain after. I hardly slept at all that night. My stitches were so tight even the slightest movement was so painful. I pretty much stayed in bed for 2 days after. I was so uncomfortable in any position but lucky for my we bought the Harry Potter Series for Christmas. I started to watch them, to keep me distracted.
As I patiently a waited the results, I decided it would be a good idea to go to my friends baby shower. I was feeling pretty good and I really wanted get out of the house. I had a fun and I love hanging out friends. I gave my friend a ride home as I was helping her take stuff out the car. She told me a story about her friend that died from a cancerous mole on her back. Her mole had a root and the doctor couldn't get it all. So she was happy that I had it checked. When I got home I asked Jared about my moles and if I had anything like that. My heart sank, as his expression changed. He said, "there was something underneath the moles but he wasn't sure what it was. He also didn't see anything that looked like a root.
Almost a week later the doctor called with wonderful results that my moles were benign {good}. What a way to start off the new year! It's been over a month since the surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm soo grateful for a wonderful friends and family, especially my husband who took such great care of me. He really went above and beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment