Last week I was the lead student for my class and I lead the discussion on Lifelong Learning. I was so nervous, I hate public speaking and I have never taught adults before. Plus you are graded on your performance by the Pathway missionaries and an observer student. So through out the week I did my best to make sure that things would go well. I prayed lots and lots for guidance on what to say and what do, that would help me present my lesson material to the other students in the class. Let's just say I Nailed it! It was amazing even before I gave the lesson I could feel the spirit guiding me. The Pathways program is special because they teach you how to learn and also how teach what learn through the spirit. I never would have learned how to do that at any regular college. I personally feel like I this program was created just for me, I have learned so much in the past 5 weeks, it has been amazing! A huge part of the program is learning how to become disciple-leaders. Yesterday I reread my patriarchal blessing, and I finally feel like I have been given the tools to become the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be!
This week's lesson is Academic Planning & Career Exploration. One of the assignments was to take a couple different test to see our personality, interest and values to help us find a career. The website came up with a Librarian Clerk. Wow! ...I'm not sure if I'm passionate enough about organizing books all day. I did work as the Assistant Ward Librarian a couple years ago, and I took it upon myself to organize the Library. So with that thought I got to thinking maybe I should be a Professional Organizer. I love to organize things, and I would love to help others get organized!
I want to do things a little differently rather than just organizing peoples things, I would also love to teach people how to organize themselves. There are tons and tons of great tips online but it is a whole other thing to actually implement those things into your daily routine. I want to help others by being their personal trainer by teaching them how to get there house in order, to be there support and to hold them accountable. I would also love to help them create a space where they love to be.
I actually don't need to go to school for this, I just need to get a Professional Organizer Certificate... but I know that I need to finish school, I want to be an example to my children that education is important! That is why we are here on this earth, to learn & grow.
I would love to start testing the waters with this crazy idea of mine! I need a couple of brave volunteers that would allow me to come organize at least one of their rooms and take {before & after} pictures. So if your brave and want help, email me, text me, or send me a message on Facebook so we can figure out what would work best for each of us to get things going!

Michelle, we should go into business together! I love organizing things, been doing it for friends and family and bosses all my life. I'm there with you. It gives me some kind of weird high. Now I must admit that cleaning is different for me than organizing, I don't feel the same when I'm cleaning as much. Anyway, glad you are loving school, you are going to keep doing great! So glad the boys are in class together.
ReplyDeleteCan you just come organize my entire life? The whole shebang? Thanks. :P
ReplyDeleteHaha! I don't think that I can help you with that... j/k! Anytime Erin, anytime! :)
DeleteFunny! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be a professional organizer too! I think I realized that during this same week of Pathways. Maybe we should start a business together?
ReplyDeleteWe totally should!
Delete