Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Spokane Windstorm {November 2015}

On November 17th, 2015 there was a devastating windstorm that wreaked havoc all over Spokane. 
 I was in my bedroom when I heard a loud cracking sound. Then it sounded like something huge crashed into the roof of the house. I ran into the living room expecting to see a tree. But instead, a huge cloud of leaves and dirt flying through the air in the backyard caught my eye. I ran outside to see that the top of one of the ponderosa pines trees from our front yard had snapped off and landed in our side yard. I felt so lucky at the time, then I started seeing post on Facebook of all the fallen trees around town. I was in shock as I viewed pictures of  houses  that were cut in half by fallen trees. It was so crazy!
 This is a picture of the Jared's parents neighbors 
This is a picture of their neighbor on the other side. 
Because of all of the down trees, a lot of Spokanites were left without power. Another blessing was that our power was returned quickly compared to some of our friends and family. We opened up our home to those in need. Jared even was given 4 dozen donuts from his last job that day. 

 Thanks, Scrum Diddily Umptious for the yummy donuts, which were shared with friends and family that stopped by.


The next day the Whitings came over to  get warm, eat, play games,and to charge their phones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment