Friday, January 8, 2016

Party Prep {June 2015}

What happens at Grammy's house doesn't always stay at Grammy's house.

  Debbie was watching Ethan and Sienna. She sent me this text and I couldn't help, but laugh. Only Ethan could give himself a double hickey with one of these. 
 For the Meador's 25th Wedding Anniversary party, I thought that it would be fun to have the  grand-kids sing When I'm 64, by the Beatles and make a cute video to go with. Jared & I changed some of the lyrics to the song, and then I handed the whole project over to Jeff.  We ended up just having   Jared sing and then Jeff collected pictures of all the grand-kids acting out certain verses.


When I get older, losing my hair [and lost all my hair], many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine
[darling of mine]? Remove hat and Grammy gives giant valentine to Papa
If I'd been out 'til quarter to three, would you lock the door?
[If I slip a disc, or blow out a knee, and I fall to the floor?] Papa Pushing Grammy in a wheelchair
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?
Assist  Tying shoes
You'll be older too
Ah
And, if you say the word, I could stay with you
I could be handy, Papa with  thumbs up, by circuit breaker mending [blowing] a fuse, Papa with hair sticking straight up from being electrocuted   when your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater
[piece a puzzle] by the fireside, Sunday [Saturday] mornings, go for a ride Papa & Grammy riding a tricycle.
Doing the garden, digging the weeds, who could ask for more?
Pulling out flowers instead of a weed
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?
Helping put a coat on.
Every summer we can rent a cottage [winter we will gather in our home for Christmas time, with our family near] Christmas tree with lots of presents
In the Isle of Wight if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
  Grammy with hat & mitten turning down thermostat, Papa putting money in piggy bank
Ah
Grandchildren on our knees
Vera, Chuck, and Dave
[Kinley, Kate & Ben]
Send me a postcard, drop me a line, stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say, yours sincerely, wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form, mine forever more
Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?
Twenty-five years now, that you’ve been mine and I’m still yours too. Cake with 25 year topper  Dare I say our love’s withstood the test of time, thanks to all eleven of yours and mine. Recreate wedding photo
You gave me your heart, and now I’m yours, yours forever more
I’ll always need you and I promise to feed you when I’m sixty-four!   Papa feeding grammy with giant bib.

Anyways instead of having the kids act we just snapped some different pictures of all the grandchildren. We even went as far to lie to borrow the wheel chair for it and to sneak items such as Dale's hat and fanny-pack.

 Sienna & Papa

 These two sure do love their Grammy. 

I also wanted to snap a couple pictures of the two love birds and they kind enough to let me. 




I tried to make Ethan & Sienna look like Papa & Grammy. 

Movie night in Ethan's room!


 The Petersen's & Britany stayed with us for a couple of days. I sent this picture to Britany, asking if she was ready for this?!

 
 After dinner we went to Froyo.

 These are just some cute pictures of Alaina that we used for the When I'm 64 video.


Madeline ended up joining in on the fun. 

DeAnne & I stayed up late working on projects, I made cute pennant banners.  Also, about a month prior to this Crystyne helped me go through boxes of old pictures of Dale & Debbie, so I  printed off a bunch and made them look like polaroids for decorations around the room. 

 I made this giant polaroid frame for a photo booth prop, and DeAnne tested it out for me.
 Ethan got a hold of my camera and snapped some random pictures. 

 The day before the anniversary party, I helped set up for Amber's sister, Aly's Wedding & Reception, which happened to be on the same day as the 25th anniversary party.  
I love the big doors that Brother Ostrom built. 

Here are the the newlyweds,  Aly and Justin Harley on their wedding day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment