Friday, December 15, 2017

Mia Maid's Birthday {September 2016}

As the 1st Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency in my ward, I am over the Mia Maids. So when each girl turns 14-years-old I welcome them to Mia Maids on their birthday by dropping off a single rose with this handout that I made that explains what a Mia Maid is and the meaning along with their favorite candy and a hug! 

 The name Mia Maid refers historically to the Mutual Improvement Association, which adopted the emblem of the rose as a symbol of love, faith, and purity. Mia Maids today learn about love, faith, and purity as they strengthen their testimony and accept and act upon the Young Women values.

Then when the girls turn 15-years-old I stop by my favorite cupcake shop Sweet Frostings and pick out a yummy cupcake for them to enjoy on their birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment