Friday, December 15, 2017

Youth Fall Dance Prep {Sept 2016}

Here are just a few things I made for the Fall Festival Youth Dance @ Hogwarts. 
 I bought this witch hat at the dollar store and transformed it into the sorting hat with a little bit of cardboard, some inexpensive suede fabric and hot glue.



 Not perfect but turned out way better than I thought it would.
 This is also another Dollar Tree find, it was one of the all black plastic rats that squeak. I painted it to look like Scabbers.
 I happened to have a couple of giant cardboard boxes in my garage so I used them for a faux wall to for a photo booth to make it feel a little bit more like Hogwarts in the huge gym. I painted the whole thing white and then taped it and painted it grey and removed the tape and voila!
 I used poster board and gold spray paint for the frames and added them with hot glue and duct tape to seal the gaps on the other side.

I also made Harry's wand from a dowel, hot glue, stain and paint. I cut the dowel then sanded it... a lot until it looked more like a wand.  Then I used hot glue to make the handle. After the glue dried I stained the wood and painted the hot glue.
I love doing this kind of prep work because I get to use my creative mind, however, I've come to recognize that it can also be very dangerous because I can go places like the Dollar Tree and  come up with tons of different ideas to do and I don't get anything else done that I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment