Sunday, December 31, 2017

Kauai Trip: Day 1 {November 10, 2016}

Jared & I were fortunate to finally go to Kauai with his parents, Robert and Brandi. For years they have offered to pay for pretty much everything except airfare. Ummm.... yeah, I have no idea why we didn't go sooner!  We flew out of Spokane and met up with his parents in Seattle and then made our way on the same flight to Lihue, Kauai. 
  

 After nearly 6 hours of seeing only ocean water, I was seriously relieved to see land in paradise!
  We made it! So... I had no idea that there were chickens everywhere! I didn't think to take any pictures at the time but as soon as we walked outside those gates there were chickens in the bushes on the sidewalks and yes crossing the road.  Little did I know that the island was covered in chickens.
 We stayed at the Point at Poipu. 
 Jared enjoying the view! 

The trees grow a little different here than they do back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment