Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Kauai Trip: Day 7 {November 16, 2016}

Our last full day together all four of us went on a Na Pali Dinner Sunset Sail. We rode on the largest catamaran boat that Capt Andy's had to offer in hopes that we would have a repeat Jared's motion sickness incident on the helicopter.
 
Before we loaded onto the boat we searched the shops for some Dramamine to help and fortunately for us we were behind generous people, who just gave us some of their Dramamine that they had just purchased. We set sail with high hopes a few people were brave enough to sit in the trampoline area on the front of the boat. But it didn't take long for those people to move to higher/dryer ground because the water was very choppy and there wasn't a single person on the front of that boat that wasn't wet. At one point while I brushing my windblown hair out of my face I realized that it was covered in salt from the water that was splashing us. I decided to go underneath where it was warm and dry, but Jared couldn't do it because he felt so sick so he stayed up on top. While I was down there dinner was served.
Here is what was on the menu:
Caesar Salad, Grilled Makaweli Filet Mignon and Grilled Jumbo Shrimp Skewers with Butter. Herb Roasted Baby Red Potatoes along with Grilled Asparagus and Gingered Carrots. It also came with a delicious chocolatey dessert, but I can't remember exactly what it was. Everythings tasted amazing but as I was eating accompanied by the rocking boat, I started to feel sick too so I decided to pack up my dinner and dessert. So Jared and I enjoyed our food later that night back at the resort.
I met this sweet lady on the boat who I talked to for most of the cruise. She and her husband were celebrating their anniversary and he had booked this dinner cruise because he thought that she would love it. But he was soo sick and slept the entire time.
The Na Pali Coast is goregous! 

Brandi snapped this photo and sent it to me so I had to share it because it's beautiful! 
The Sunset was amazing and of course, I am bummed that we weren't able to capture all of its beauty. 
Enjoying the sunset! 

No comments:

Post a Comment