Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Kauai Trip: Day 8 & Return Home {November 17 & 18, 2016}

It was hard to pack up our things that morning, knowing that this was our last day in Kauai. We skyped with Ethan and Sienna daily and they told us that it had snowed. I definitely wasn't mentally prepared to go back to cold weather and especially snow! 

We waited in the lobby while Brandi checked out of the resort and Jared checked us in for our 11:59 pm flight back to Spokane. I am grateful that the resort let us leave our bags there while we played our last day. Brandi and Robert had to catch a flight to Maui so we went on one last adventure together to the McBryde and Allerton Gardens in Koloa.







I was impressed with the orchid growing out of the side of a tree because  I can't even get mine to grow in a pot!

The Patsfields dropped us off at Kiahuna Plantation, which was somewhat in the middle of everything because we had to walk everywhere for the rest of the day. The orange star is the location where we were dropped off and the orange circles are all of the different locations we walked to that day. I had over 22,000 steps that day!   

  
 These trees are incredible!  They are called Moreton Bay Fig Trees.  
For lunch, we ate lunch at Keoki's Paradise and then we did a little more shopping in the Po'ipu Shopping Village looking for gifts. After that, we walked to the Kukui'ula Shops to do more shopping.   
 After shopping we headed back towards the Plantation and enjoyed the beach.


 We ate dinner at the Plantation Gardens Resturant and it did not disappoint. Jared and I shared a Grilled Pork Chop with Butternut Squash, Brussel Sprouts, Leeks and an Apple Bourbon Glaze.
After dinner, we made the trek back to our hotel. Umm... it was dark and scary and we cut through who knows what resorts but I was so happy when we I recognized the street that our resort was on.
 We actually ended up going over to the Hyatt to check out the shops inside. That place is HUGE! It really is the Great and Spacious Building! Afterwards, we headed back to our resort and finally got our bags and waited for a taxi to take us to the airport. 
 It was so late by the time we arrived at the airport that everything was closed. While waited there were some interesting bugs that we watched to pass the time. This thing had like a bazillion legs and Jared poked at it and it curled up like a cinnamon roll. 
 It was hard coming back. It was so cold and we were exhausted but excited to see our kiddos! I think Ethan and Sienna were just as excited to see us and even more excited that we had gifts!

 Po'ipu t-shirts! 

 This grin is so big because I got her a coconut bra. Before I left on our trip Sienna asked me if I was going to wear a coconut bra while I was in Kauai. I died laughing and I told her, No! She thought that is what you had to wear while you were there!



 We got them cute little sea turtles made out of stone.

 I got Sienna a hula girl outfit and Oh...yeah you can't forget the coconuts!

 We were so happy to be back together, but boy were we exhausted! 
I am so grateful to the Patsfields for making this unforgettable trip possible and spoiling us while we were there! I am also grateful to the Meadors and Benefiels for watching Ethan and Sienna and spoiling them while we were gone.    

No comments:

Post a Comment