Monday, December 28, 2015

Faith In God Specialist {Jan 2015}

Last year the primary president in our ward asked if I would be willing to help get the primary children excited about Faith in God. Since this was a made up calling, I did lots of brain storming and  Pintresting to figure out how to not only get the kids excited but organize and keep track of each child's progress. 

   
I thought it would be fun for the entire senior primary to see the progress, so each time a child passed off an activity from the Faith in God book or an Article of Faith, they earned a leaf to put on a our FIG tree.  
To get the kids excited about Faith in God I came up with these cards so the kids could earn punches to have a "Fun Sunday" party. Each child was able to earn punches by meeting with me, passing off an activity, an article of faith, bearing their testimony, and bringing their scriptures and FIG book to church on Sunday. I also made a General Conference worksheet for them to make up punches.    

 I also  thought that it would be nice for the children to earn something for completing Faith in God, and found this locket and tie-tac that said, "I am a Child of God". I just felt like that is what the Faith in God program is all about. As the children complete activities they can grow closer to their Heavenly Father as they learn basics gospel principles to build a good foundation for their testimonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment