My sister, Heather bought this house in April of 2014 and graciously let us rent it from her. Before we moved in, she remodeled most of it making it a beautiful home for us to live in. Now that she is married and her, Shane and baby James live in Dallas, they decided that it would be best to sell their home in Spokane. We were so saddened by this news, but at the time I was so grateful that they let us stay in their beautiful home for almost 2 years.
Before
After: One morning as Jared was pulling out of the garage the rack on top of his truck pulled the string for the garage door down on his truck. So we ended up replacing the broken garage door and Heather paid for the other one so they would both match.
Before
After: I painted the door black and the trim white and Heather hired someone to install a new light fixture.
Dallas and Heather removed the all the pavers and laid sod and added a retaining wall instead of the falling railroad tie.
After
The previous owner really liked color. I swear every wall was painted a different color so Heather and I and few sister missionaries repainted every surface. White ceilings and the walls were painted Doeskin Gray by Behr. Although the master bedroom was painted Nightingale Gray by Behr.
Also Heather had the popcorn ceilings removed. Boy what a difference that makes.
After: Heather also had recessed lighting installed in the living room and kitchen. It made such a huge difference.
I also built the mantle out of scrap wood from all the trim and base board that was installed through out the house.
Before
After: Heather hired a contractor to open up some walls in the kitchen and dinning room and the living room as well.
Before
Before
One thing lead to another and my mother convinced Heather to gut the entire kitchen. She hired someone to install a tile faux wood floor... and I love it!
She bought beautiful cabinets and granite counter tops.
I can't believe the difference when I look back at the old pictures. This opening is where the refrigerator once was. The kitchen before was a retro 1970's nightmare with orange countertops that desperately need to be remodeled but now it is the selling feature of the home.
Before
After: {Sienna's Room} Heather installed new doors and closet doors throughout the entire house.
Before
After: {Ethan's Bedroom}
Before
After: {Master Suite }
Before: {Main Bathroom}
After:{Main Bathroom} Paint and a new shower curtain
Before {Basement Living Room}
Heather wanted get rid of the corner built-in TV shelf. Ethan actually helped her to tear it out. He really enjoyed using hammer and muscle to help her out. Now you never would have known that it ever existed.




















No comments:
Post a Comment