Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Vinegar & Baking Soda Science Experiment {March 2016}

Winter Semester I took a Science Foundation class and I had to complete a science experiment with vinegar, baking soda and balloons.
 Red Wine Vinegar 5% Acidity,  Distilled White Vinegar- 5% Acidity , Balsamic Vinegar- 6% Acidity 
 My hypothesis was that the more acidic the vinegar the more gas would be released and would inflate the balloon.
 I put baking soda in the balloons and my cute assistants dumped the baking soda into the bottles and we watched the balloons fill up with air from the reaction of the concoction.  
First Attempt
 The Red Wine Vinegar balloon had a hole so we had to re-do it. 
Results: My conclusion was the the Balsamic Vinegar filled with more air than the other 2, however I'm not 100% positive if that is because of the level of acidity or just a fluke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment